Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Acute RN (Full-Time .8/PM) - Mental Health Rehabilitation Center 173
at Telecare Corporation
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 122 programs and over 3,510 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare family, Sanger Place MHRC (Mental Health Rehabilitation Center) is a 15-bed sub-acute, secure, psychiatric care facility for adults ages 18-59 with serious mental illness and developmental disability.
Employment Status: Full-Time (0.8)
Days: Friday - Monday
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides recovery-focused services related to the safe and appropriate administration of medical treatment (including medications) as prescribed by the physician.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of program operations
- Valid CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)/BLS (Basic Life Support) certificate
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
- BA or BS degree
- One (1) year of healthcare experience
- Experience in Behavioral health setting
- Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Oversees and provides nursing care
- Completes nursing assessments
- Assists in the welcoming, admissions, and discharge process
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served
- Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings
- Coordinates and supervises admissions to assure accurate and complete documentation in the medical record and timely referral to the medical physician
- Coordinates and participates in counting medications and giving report at the beginning and end of each shift
- Reviews and maintains the amount, accuracy, and quality of documentation included in the medical records
- Demonstrates knowledge of crisis management and intervention
- Transcribes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Administers medication and treatments to members served
- Receives and presents change of shift report as assigned
- Adheres to medication management policies and procedures
- Notifies the prescriber and Nursing Supervisor of any changes in behavior or condition
- Documents the progress of members served toward their Recovery Plan goals
- Develops and implements nursing care plans
- If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- If employed at Outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to take detailed notes
- Ability to concisely repeat back instructions provided by Supervisor
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to quickly understand new concepts and integrate into daily routine
- Ability to prepare succinct summary reports
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability