Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Technician II - Security Solutions - Fresno CA
at Siemens AG
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 229300
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens is seeking a Field Technician to join our Fresno team and support our Fresno Area customers. This role is responsible for the installation, testing, and commissioning of security systems, including Access Control, Video Management Systems, Intrusion Detection, and other advanced security technologies.
- Manages tracking, start up, and commissioning jobs of larger revenue and/ or multiple projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
- Reviews plans, specifications, and contract to determine project requirements.
- Handles start-up functions on selected control systems based on project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Prepares as-built drawings.
- Troubleshoots possible issues, including identifying and debugging software, electrical and installation problems.
- Prepares database and job related programming for computer-based systems.
- Provides on-site assistance with or performs the installation and start-up, checkout and turnover process.
- Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed. Coordinates work with subcontractors.
- May be responsible for supporting and training entry to mid-level technicians.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency.
- Required travel: 10%
- Required experience: Demonstrable electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) needed to be successful in this role.
- Other requirements:
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Preferred education: Associate's Degree in Electronics or related field.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.