Premier Valley Bank & Yosemite Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
President & CEO
at Premier Valley Bank & Yosemite Bank
Premier Valley Bank and it's Divisions, Founders Community Bank and Yosemite Bank, are growing dynamic organizations with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The President/CEO is responsible for the overall Bank strategy in partnership with Heartland Financial USA, Inc. (HTLF). This position ensures that all aspects of the Bank's activities operate in a safe and sound manner; and that current and future strategic plans, budgets, goals, and objectives result in positive growth in equity, profits, loans and deposits, return on assets, and return on investments. Maintains quality and scope of financial services, culture and human resources in the best interest of shareholders, the Board of Directors, customers, employees, and the public.
1. Overall Growth
a. Develop a strategic plan to advance the bank’s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
b. Serves as bank representative in professional, business, and community organizations to promote bank services.
c. Oversees budget and monitors financial activities.
d. Ensures that all the functions and operations of the bank are customer oriented and profitable.
2. Employee Engagement
a. In partnership with HTLF Human Resources develops a strategy to attract, select, develop and retain employees.
b. Communicates vision with a passion, and maintains the focus on mission and purpose consistent with the Heartland model.
a. Responsible for ensuring that staffing levels are optimal for business levels.
b. Ensures that operational procedures are efficient and compliant.
c. Oversees the operations, ensuring proper internal controls are in place and monitored for regulatory compliance.
4. Deposit & Loan Growth
a. Establishes and monitors goals and holds Bankers accountable for new business development, cross selling, and growing loans, deposits, and fees for the bank.
b. Ensures that robust sales leadership, training and management is carried out.
c. Provides support for an efficient sales process.
5. Board Responsibilities:
a. Serves on the Board of Directors
b. Ensures that all annual and special meetings of the shareholders of the Bank and Holding Company are called and conducted in accordance with all laws, rules, and regulations.
6. Complete annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up to date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
1. Works with Heartland Financial’s recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions,
2. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance,
3. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
4. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
5. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the view process deadline.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting required. Advanced degree preferred 10+ years’ experience in the banking/financial services industry
2. 5 years of senior level management experience.
3. Exceptional knowledge of the banking business in general
4. Strong business development/sales experience and skills
5. Exceptional leadership experience and skills
6. Strong communication, organization and analytical skills
7. Strong knowledge of commercial banking, credit and portfolio management
8. Knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to banking and transactions
9. Ability to work successfully in a matrixed environment
10. Demonstrated success in an "entrepreneurial" environment
11. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Relationship banking. It's the driving force behind everything we do. Our relationships are based on a mutual trust between banker and client, built over time. As a Premier Valley Bank customer, you'll never be treated as an account-we don't serve numbers, we serve people. And the personal service that you'll receive at Premier Valley Bank is a reflection of that philosophy.
You'll find that banking with Premier Valley Bank offers unique benefits, like business bankers who know your name and your business; loan approvals with local decisions that don't have to come from a centralized, out-of-town office; daily courier service, picking up deposits from your workplace. But the biggest advantage may be that we have a vested interest in your business and your community, in helping them both to thrive and grow. We are committed to your success.
Premier Valley Bank is a subsidiary of Heartland Financial USA, Inc., a multi-billion financial services company dedicated to the principles of community banking: Community involvement, an active board of directors, local presidents and local decision making.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will