Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Contract Field Ops Supervisor
Requisition ID # 17401
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Bakersfield; Dinuba; Fresno; Fresno; Hollister; King City; Monterey; Paso Robles; Salinas; San Luis Obispo; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Taft; Wasco
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy to nearly 16 million people in Northern and Central California. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Oversees electric capital construction and maintenance projects and programs throughout service territory. Manages teams of Field Engineers, Project Engineers, Project Analysts, Clerks, Support Staff, and Contract Crews.
Position location is flexible. May be located in Los Padres, Central Coast, Fresno or Kern.
- Develops workload plans and strategies to establish balanced levels of internal and external resources to support five-year plans.
- Keeps abreast of best practices in project management concepts, methods and techniques. Regularly assesses current processes and develops recommendations for continuous process improvement.
- Manages and forecasts accurate project portfolio costs that are aligned with annual and project budget targets.
- Manages the portfolio of assigned projects and ensures all projects are designed safely and constructed on time, on budget, on scope, and without adverse environmental or other regulatory impacts.
- May supervise union or non-union employees. Direct reports may include field engineers, project managers, clerks, and support staff. Extended team members may include permitting, environmental, inspectors, schedulers.
- Proactively identifies and resolves project issues to ensure that projects stay on plan to meet overall cost, scope and schedule commitments. Ensures consistency across the organization.
- Regularly meets with team members to review status of assigned projects and programs
- Supervises staff to accomplish results through recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, and rewards and recognition.
- Works directly with client/sponsor organizations to understand scopes of projects and make appropriate job owner assignments. Establishes specific team expectations, metrics, and tracking tools to measure performance.
- Works with technical Field Engineering, Construction Management, and Project Management teams in other departments or lines of business to effectively manage and improve the overall groups' operations and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 6 years
- Leadership experience, job-related, 3 years
- Experience in construction management, project management, utility or construction-related
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- LSS-Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Knowledge of Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) Union Contract.
- Financial acumen, understanding of contingency cost estimating and its use
- Skilled in negotiating and managing contracts for engineering, procurement and construction services
- Knowledge of SAP and SRM (Sourcing) systems.
- Proficient with MS Project, PrimaVera or other project management