Octapharma Plasma, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Octapharma Plasma, Inc
If you are interested in an exciting career in the biopharmaceutical or medical field you’ve come to the right place. At Octapharma Plasma you can channel your passion for helping others into a medical career that is fast-paced and personally and professionally rewarding. Whether you are just beginning your career or you have experience in the medical field, we have many exciting opportunities for you to consider.
The Processing Technician is responsible for the prompt and accurate collection, storage and shipping of plasma bottles and samples.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Maintains compliance with SOP, current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP) and regulatory guidelines
- Ensures prompt and sterile collection of plasma samples using electric heat sealer and centrifuge
- Ensures samples and bottles are properly organized in large storage freezer in allotted timeframe as well as in the donor management computer software
- Handles tested and untested product as well as plasma with unsuitable test results with properly utilized personal protective equipment
- May prepare units and samples for regular daily and weekly shipments per company policies and strict federal transportation regulations
- Cleans and maintains equipment on a daily basis and troubleshoots issues as they arise
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Ability to repeatedly tug, lift, and pull up to thirty-five (35) pounds
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to read numbers on screening equipment such as scales, thermometers, graphs, digital vital signs monitor and refractometers
- Required to repeatedly enter an environment with a temperature of -40C for short periods of time
- Ability to work day and evening hours, weekends, holidays and extended shifts on a frequent basis
Octapharma Plasma offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.