Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lyons Magnus
Headquarters (Fresno, CA)
# of openings:
Creativity, innovative thinking and the manufacturing of top-quality products have put Lyons Magnus in the forefront of the food industry. Lyons is involved in each phase of the food manufacturing process from the growing of the raw materials to the marketing of the finished products – and everything in between. Lyons produces more than 2,000 different items for the industrial ingredient and foodservice segments, designing products for some of the top restaurant chains in the country, as well as international accounts.
This huge undertaking could not be done without a diverse and talented staff. At Lyons, our people are the heart of our organization. Lyons is proud to cultivate a thriving work environment with employees who are not just satisfied and productive, but engaged in creating the future – the company’s and their own.
Lyons Magnus is seeking a Purchasing Agent for its Fresno Corporate Office,
A member of the procurement department at Lyons Magnus, an international food and beverage manufacturer headquartered in Fresno, California., this position is responsible for support for the procurement of raw materials and procurement related activities in a manner that supports operations production of the organization at the Fresno, CA plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the mission, values and vision of the company
- Maintains the best interest of Lyons Magnus first and foremost
- Review and procure raw materials per required specifications for weekly production
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items
- Prepare purchase orders in an accurate and legible manner per accounting requirements
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Manage procurement quantities in a cost-efficient manner in relation to usage demand
- Achieve an understanding of commodities and purchase strategies
- Achieve an understanding of packaging and purchase strategies
- Maintain a viable and competitive vendor base
- Maintain a competitive transportation network to support logistics
- Analyze customer sales forecast scheduling raw ingredients and packaging
- Communicate with Inventory Department in verification of raw material stock levels
- Interact with QA regarding raw material specifications and usage approval
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly skilled in MS Office
- Excellent organizational oral / written and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities in a fast pace office environment.
- Self-motivated, ability to plan and act without need for instruction
- Willing to gain knowledge and assume additional responsibility for advancement
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree from an accredited university preferably in Business Administration, Supply Chain Logistics or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience within related field.
A dditional Information