Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Service Technician I
at JBT Corporation
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 1 month ago(3/15/2019 2:19 PM)
Provide the highest level of service and customer satisfaction while safely conducting the installation, maintenance, service, and repair of JBT equipment.
- Take inventory of repair parts on hand.
- Lead or assist in the coordination of large overhauls and field repairs.
- Document repairs and project reports for company wide distribution.
- Assist in conducting training schools on equipment.
- Lead or assist in the planning and supervision of sub-contract labor.
- Train new service personnel as required or directed.
Maintain good physical fitness: Required in confined spaces associated with entry and work on all JBT equipment. Occasional lifting of heavy objects up to 50 lbs. Squatting, prolonged standing, and working at heights up to 100’. Environments with temperatures of 0 –102
· Perform Hazard Safety Assessment prior to each job
· Perform service on equipment manufactured, sold and/or leased by JBT.
· Final inspection, installation and commissioning of new and/or rebuilt JBT equipment.
· Answer inquiries concerning equipment and forward to the appropriate departments in JBT.
· Generate timely/accurate service call reports and report problem areas or needed improvement on all JBT equipment.
· Instruct and train customer operators and mechanics on safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
· Make goodwill calls as directed and keep customers informed of product update kits on improved operation and safety. Promote repair service and parts sales.
· Domestic and international travel required with periods up to six weeks per trip.
· Self-starter requiring a minimum amount of supervision and the ability to maintain a professional appearance and conduct both on and off the job.
· Valid driver’s license must be maintained at all times.
· Adhere to JBT’s operating policies and Code of Ethics. This includes compliance of JBT’s confined space entry and rescue procedures. Strict adherence to the JBT off-site safety policy is required at all times.
· Maintain proper documentation for timecards, expense reports, and Runzheimer programs.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong mechanical background with 4 years of field service experience and customer interaction.
- Experience with industrial equipment safety, maintenance, and field repairs.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills, control loop tuning and instrumentation calibration.
- PLC systems troubleshooting and programming preferred.
- Ability to communicate well and interface with customers.
- Knowledge to read and understand drawings, blueprints, electrical, hydraulic, mechanical assembly’s etc.
- 4 years minimum experience in machine assembly, installation, light fabrication, welding, and machine tool operation. ASME welding certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of process control systems. (i.e. utility control and measurement, steam water and air).
- Food industry experience desired, aseptic systems and other sterilization equipment preferred.
- Good P.C. skills in Word, Excel, electronic mail and windows based programs.
- Technical/Trade School desired. High School Diploma required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.