IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aircraft Mechanic I (Road Team)
at IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
IAP – Ingenuity and Purpose
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, IAP leverages and integrates its capabilities – IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, Infrastructure & Logistics - to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges.
IAP is tasked to provide Field Level (AVIM/AVUM) support, and limited sustainment level (Depot) repairs, to the 1106th Theater Aviation Sustainment Maintenance Group (TASMG) Fresno, CA and the Army Aviation Support Facility Stockton, CA. Effort is in direct support of the maintenance of military helicopters, UH-60A/L/M, HH-60G, HH-60L/M, OH- 58A/C/D, AH-64A/D, CH-47D/F, UH-72, Flexible Engine Diagnostic System (FEDS), and multiple Ground Support Equipment (GSE) subsystems and aviation equipment associated with the 1106th TASMG
The Aircraft Mechanic I must be able to perform repairs of engines, sheet metal, structural, hydraulic, electrical, and perform general mechanical maintenance of moderate difficulty, required to meet the assigned missions. Work involves most of the following: planning and laying out all types of sheet-metal maintenance work from blueprints, models, or other specifications, setting up and operating all available types of sheet-metal working machines, using a variety of hand tools in cutting, bending, forming, shaping, fitting and assembling, and installing sheet-metal articles as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Inspects, troubleshoots and maintains aircraft electrical systems, subsystems, components, and associated test equipment.
- Performs electrical on equipment systems to include direct and alternating current; gas turbine compressors and auxiliary power units; landing gear, anti-skid, and nose wheel steering; electronic engine control, ignition, and starting; lighting; master caution and warning; take-off warning; flight control; cargo door and cargo delivery equipment; non-electro static application windows; anti-icing; fire and overheat warning; fire extinguishing and suppression; fuel control; liquid cooling; air conditioning, bleed air, cabin pressurization, and auxiliary pressurization; oxygen; and aircraft utility systems.
- Performs off-equipment maintenance on electrical system components and associated test equipment. Included are control, protection, caution, and warning panels; lighting equipment; frequency and load controls; anti-icing controllers; inverters; voltage regulators; nose wheel steering and anti-skid amplifiers; generators and integrated drive generators; actuators, relays, motors, and valves; lighting equipment; fire and overheat panels; fire extinguishing equipment; aircraft batteries; and special equipment testers.
- Performs cryogenic maintenance on mobile aircraft servicing units. Maintains electrical wiring and connectors. Uses electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and other test and support equipment.
- Inspects and evaluates aircraft electrical maintenance activities. Determines operational status of assigned assets.
- Interprets inspection findings and determines corrective actions. Ensures compliance with technical publications and directives.
- Travel is required. This can include locations within the western region, Alaska and Hawaii.
Education & Experience:
- High School degree with 4 years’ experience maintaining electrical systems.
- Completion of the advanced aircraft Electrical systems maintenance course.
- Must have knowledge in electrical principles relating to Electrical systems; concepts and application of maintenance directives; meaning of symbols used in wiring diagrams, blueprints, and schematics; and proper handling, use, and disposal of hazardous waste and materials.Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearances and access as required by the contract.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearances and access as required by the contract.