Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Loan Doc Preparation III (Multiple Locations)
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Commercial Loan Document Specialist III is responsible for preparing documentation for Commercial/Agricultural loans, including but not limited to, asset-based and participated loans for all Heartland Banks, as well as lines of credit, letters of credit, renewals, modifications, and change in terms agreements for all Heartland Banks.
1. Review and interpret the loan requests, terms, conditions and related Borrower and Collateral documentation to accurately structure and document the loan to ensure adherence to requirements.
2. Complete regulatory due diligence to validate information required for documentation; obtains and/or conducts a thorough review of corporate and collateral documentation, i.e., certificates of existence, flood determinations, appraisals, lien searches, title searches/commitment to check for accuracy, completeness and compliance with loan approval guidelines and internal policies.
3. Review any existing, related, loan and collateral documents in conjunction with the new loan, to determine applicable cross-collateralization to ensure granting of security interest and no limitation in maximum lien dollars.
4. Identify all requirements to document the loan properly and complete the setup in the appropriate bank’s OnBase/Info Access imaging system, thereby creating a virtual system to provide Commercial Bankers with reporting/tracking information.
5. Interact with Commercial Bankers, Portfolio Managers and Loan Assistants in regard to documentation content and loan closing deadlines.
6. Prepare loan documentation in Laser Pro in an accurate and timely manner as loan was approved.
a.Loan requests include Commercial/Agricultural loans, including but not limited to, asset-based and participated loans, as well as lines of credit, letters of credit, renewals, modifications, and change in terms agreements.
b.In addition, this individual will prepare loan agreements, including asset based loan agreements, defining additional loan provisions, financial statement requirements and affirmative and negative covenants, as detailed in the loan write-up/request.
7. Review the documentation to ensure they correctly describe the intended terms and conditions of the loan, and are in compliance with loan policies and procedures, and all state and federal regulations.
8. Confer with Loan Assistants, Portfolio Managers and Commercial Bankers, as necessary, for any pending items, corrections and/or revisions, as well as any updated loan information for the file.
9. Perform automated uploads and manually input non Laser Pro and participated commercial loans into the Bank’s Fiserv system.
10.Contribute to the development and training of Loan Documentation Specialists I and II.
11.Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
12.Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associates Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business.
2. 3-5 years of loan processing or other relevant experience.
3. Knowledge of Windows operating system, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
4. Knowledge of Laser Pro software, Fiserv Signature, and Imaging Systems.
5. High attention to detail and accuracy.
6. Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
7. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
8. Extensive knowledge and experience with loan documentation associated with Commercial/Agricultural loans and participated loans.
9. Extensive knowledge of required entity documentation for various business entities (Corporations, LLC’s, Partnerships, etc.)
10.Knowledge of documentation required to secure the bank’s lien, including real estate.
11.Understanding of State and Federal regulations, compliance requirements, Heartland’s loan policies and procedures, including the Credit Underwriting/approval processes.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will