Community Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager-ED, Per Diem, 12 Hours
at Community Medical Centers
- Requisition ID
- Licensed Nursing Positions
- Community Regional Medical Center (CRMC)
- Posted Date
Community Regional Medical Center is the flagship hospital of Community Medical Centers – a private, not-for-profit healthcare system based in Fresno, California, and the largest healthcare provider and private employer in central California. We measure up with top hospitals nationally and are the 3rd largest in California. With 685 beds, we are home to the only Level 1 Trauma and comprehensive burn centers between Los Angeles and Sacramento. The 56,000 square-foot emergency department is one of the largest and busiest in the state. We have an 84 bed Level 3 NICU and a brand new pediatric specialty care unit. Future plans include building a women and children’s facility on campus and expanding with 65 additional beds.
Our hospital serves 2.5 million people within 9 counties, averaging a daily census of 641 patients. We’re affiliated with UCSF as a teaching facility and have trained 3,000 Medical Doctor’s to date plus remain investing in research and training grants.
Your Career at Community | Opportunity. Challenge. Growth.
In this role some of your key responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for various aspects of care coordination, that includes facilitating interdisciplinary care across the continuum and efficient patient throughput to the most appropriate level of care.
- Assists in identifying appropriate utilization of resources and ensuring services provided are in the appropriate setting.
- Works collaboratively with the patient and/or appropriate patient representative, Case Management team, other care providers, community agencies, and physicians to facilitate efficient and appropriate management of all cases.
- In collaboration with the Command Center, the RN Case Manager - ED assists the Utilization Review Coordinator in identifying patients appropriate for Inpatient or Observation admission status.
Experience and education minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- One year acute care hospital experience.
- Four years of acute care hospital experience may be substituted in lieu of education/experience.
- Current California Registered Nurse license.
- Current BLS certification.
- Master's degree in Nursing, two years acute Case Management experience and/or one to two years Emergency department experience.
- Accredited Case Manager (ACM) license and/or Certified Case Manager (CCM) license.
Click HERE to learn more about our awesome benefits offerings as well!