Central Coast Pathology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Phlebotomist - Clovis
at Central Coast Pathology
- # of Openings
- Position Type
- PRN (less than 20 hrs per week)
- WestPac Labs, Inc. - Clovis
General Description and Essential Functions
- Welcomes and greet patients, collects accurate patient demographics, insurance information, explains billing process and accepts payment such as, cash, check, and credit card payments, when necessary.
- Assembles equipment such as tourniquet, needles, and disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray according to requirements for specified test or procedures.
- Verifies or records identity of patient and converses with patient.
- Applies tourniquet to arm, locates accessible vein, swabs puncture area with antiseptic, and inserts needle into vein to draw blood into collection tube(s).
- Withdraws needle, applies treatment to puncture site, and labels and stores blood container for subsequent processing.
- May be required to perform skin punctures.
- May be required to assist with Health Fairs and Home Draws.
- Will be required to perform data entry and complete trainings for necessary programs into the computer system.
- May be required to perform courier runs to outside draw stations, clients, or other locations as deemed necessary.
- Must be customer service oriented and possess strong interpersonal skills and maintain a positive and friendly attitude with all patients, clients and other departments.
- Must adhere to department’s dress code, grooming and personal hygiene requirements.
- Must maintain an organized and professional work environment at designated work location.
- Participates in and supports all Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement endeavors for the laboratory, as applicable
- Will be required to process samples to prepare for proper laboratory testing and perform STAT work in a timely and efficient manner.
- In addition to an employee’s typical work schedule, this position requires employees to work weekends, cover other sites as needed, split shifts, overtime, holidays, and attend mandatory phlebotomy meetings if needed by the Company. Other duties may apply as necessary.
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Moderate reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
- Moderate computer work
- Moderate use of telephone and fax
Work Experience and Educational Requirements
- If employee is required to drive or operate a company vehicle for the performance of their duties, they must meet applicable company insurance guidelines, including a DMV record comparable to that of a Transportation Courier.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Valid State of California Phlebotomy Certification. Continuing education as dictated by governmental agencies required for certification validity.
- Minimum of one year experience preferred.