Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plant Quality Assurance Specialist
at Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
- Job ID
- Hiring Manager
- Terry L McElfresh
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for implementing quality methods and protocol in accordance with ADS, and industry standards as well as customer requirements. The Quality Assurance Specialist is also responsible for driving Continuous Improvement on companywide initiatives as well as plant specific programs as they arise. This person must demonstrate excellent leadership skills and work coherently with the plant management team. The Quality Assurance Specialist reports directly to the Quality Process Manager and has a dotted line to the Plant Manager.
The responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Drive Continuous Improvement at the company level through active involvement in scrap reduction activities.
- Complete two Continuous Improvement projects at home plant per year. Also complete and enter two QPI’s per year.
- Participate in one plant visit per quarter, at a minimum, to support the Continuous Improvement objectives.
- Assist support plants with one Continuous Improvement project per year.
- Implementation and training of company, AASHTO, ASTM & CSA quality standards.
- Communicate with Central Labs, other plants and resource personnel on quality related issues.
- Daily review of product from all lines and inventory since previous day. Communication and follow-up is to be established between plant manager-production manager-quality managers.
- Ensure Wired Plant compliance through training, follow-up and documentation to plant management team if issues persist.
- Monitor proper handling of product by all employees (i.e. product damage, proper storage).
- Facilitate monthly quality training with Line Operators, DST’s, Loaders and Material Handlers.
- Facilitate DST/LO certifications. Administer the Quality portions of all training certifications.
- Monitor inspections of resale products to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Maintain schedule and proper calibration of quality measurement instruments.
- Generate certification and compliance letters as required.
- Monitor incoming resin sampling procedures to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Respond to field complaints/visit customer locations
- Monitor retain sample program and review all correlation issues with the LO. Issue corrective action as necessary.
- Support other regional plants through conducting Quality Audits and specific training efforts. This includes NTPEP audit preparation and support.
- Administrating Training Academy courses.
- Understand and practice ADS CORE VALUES.
- Routinely analyze data to drive root cause analysis and project identification
The Quality Assurance Specialist should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Leadership skills
- Mathematics skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven facilitation and team building skills
- Strong time management skills
- Mechanical and process aptitude
- Project management
- Process improvement
- Lean Six Sigma
- Leading and managing change
- Travel requirements will be approximately 20% of the time
- This position will require flexibility to work 40+ hours a week plus weekends as required.
- 2-year associates degree minimum requirement
- 4-year college degree with emphasis on Industrial Management or Manufacturing preferred
- 3-5 years related manufacturing/quality experience
- Lean Six Sigma
- Prior supervisory experience